It's 8am and I'm in the back of my mums car on the way to Warwick. It's the moment I've been looking forward to, for the last three years and now that it's finally arrived, I feel sick. I feel like I want to ask her to turn the car around and go home instead. Dozens of thoughts are racing through my head. What if I don't like it? What if I don't make any friends? What if I hate my housemates or worse, what if they hate me? What if I can't do the work? University is the only escape I have from my mother so what happens if I can't hack it? I'm not very good at drinking either so what happens when I inevitably get drunk? Will I just embarrass myself?
But the fear of the unknown is tiny compared to the joy I feel about finally leaving home. My confidence lies in tatters at the hands of my mum. Finally that chapter of my life is finished and while I'll have to return for the summer months I know that it will only be for 10 or so weeks out of 52. Besides I will never live there as a permanent resident again
I'm here now so I guess I'd better wrap up and see my new home for the next 39 weeks... Whitefields.
Friday, 2 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment